|Social Media Insights For B2b|
- The found 40% of B2B companies devote one or more full time marketers to social media marketing, as compared to 54% of B2C companies. Given the relatively smaller size of marketing departments in B2B organizations, this level of representation is significant; it underscores the maturing role of social media as a core component of B2B marketers’ arsenal.
- 71% of B2B organizations surveyed devote two or more part-time marketing resources to social media management, as compared to only 62% among B2C marketers
- 86% of B2B firms are using social media, compared to 82% of B2C outfits. However, B2B firms aren't as active in their social media activity with only 32% engaging on a daily basis compared with 52% of B2C firms.
- 60% of B2B firms have no staff dedicated to social media
- 32% of B2B companies engage with their customers on a daily basis via social media
- One of the only areas where B2C was more active than B2B in social media was advertising on social networks (B2B: 42%, B2C: 54%).
- In terms of the tools B2B companies use, 77% used Facebook (compared to 83% for B2C) and 73% utilized Twitter (compared to a shockingly smaller 45% for B2C companies).