Smartphone Users Across European Markets Manufacturer's Mobile Ad Share
Canadian Using Smartphone will grow 100% in the next 2 years, to 14.8 million by and Mobile in North America 2014
Recent sales stats (US and Canada):
- Nielsen report that 46% of US mobile phone owners have a smartphone as of Q4 2011.
- comScore estimate average US smartphone ownership at 41.8% of mobile subscribers or 98 million people for the same period.
- They give an equivalent number for Canada of 45.3%.
- A Pew Internet Project survey from May 2011 found 35% of US adults owned a smartphone.
Recent sales stats (Europe):
- comScore put combined smartphone ownership for France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK at 44% of mobile users as of December 2011 (104 million users).
- Kantar Worldpanel claim 48.9% of the British population have a smartphone.
- Figures quoted in the FT put UK smartphone ownership at 46% as of August 2011.
- According to Bitkom, 11.8 million smartphones were sold in 2011 in Germany, an increase of 31% over 2010. This represents 43% of the total number of mobile phones sold that year.