Trending this month



Showing posts with label facebook data. Show all posts
Showing posts with label facebook data. Show all posts

November 5, 2012

With 60 million Facebook Users,India set to pip Brazil as no 2 Facebook Country




As of  October  31st,2012 India and Indonesia were  at  neck to neck in terms of Facebook penetration and going by the numbers from  checkfacebook India is all set to Pip Brazil  to the third place with data showing Brazil  ahead of India with 120,000 users.

In April 2012, India had over 45 million users which  has increased to 60 million by 31st October 2012, which shows that India has added 15 million users in  6 months at an impressive rate of 2.5 million Indian users being added every month.

Indonesia and Mexico rank 4 and 5 with 50 million and 39 million Facebook users respectively


July 4, 2011

The Digital Economy of India: Infographic

Infographic via Navin Kulkarni

nternet Penetration in India

Home to at least 100 million Internet users (as at December 2010), India’s population is becoming increasingly Internet savvy. Having seen the number of Internet users double over the past five years, this Asian giant has come a long way, considering the fact that there were just 1,000 Internet users in 1992. Currently ranked #3 in terms of the number of Internet users (behind China and the US), there is plenty of room for growth since current penetration levels are equivalent to just 8% of the total population.

Internet User Profiling

By Age
Youths are driving Internet growth in India – Of the total Internet usage in India in 2009, 44% and 28% can be attributed to school and college students and young men, respectively. Overall, 72% of all youths in India access the Internet on a regular basis. On the other hand, the older generation seems to prefer traditional media to new media.
By Geographic Location
Users from rural India contributed the majority of Internet usage in 2009. According to a research conducted by the Internet and Mobile Association of India, 36% of Internet users were from towns with a population of less than 500,000 people. This percentage is expected to grow substantially once cost is reduced while more language functions are made available.